Have you ever asked yourself why you crave certain foods? If you crave a particular food, chances are your body is deficient in a specific vitamin or mineral. The fact is, you can stop food cravings, by eating foods that have the adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals that your body truly needs. Eating healthy foods, is the surest way to avoid gaining unwanted weight. Next time you develop food cravings, you should substitute your food cravings with healthier food options. Here is a list of few food cravings, and the reasons for each craving.
Stop food cravings by eating healthy foods
If you crave chocolate, chances are your body is deficient in magnesium. Instead of eating chocolate, you should eat raw nuts, legumes, fruits, and seeds. They are much healthier alternatives to chocolate.
Most people that I know, crave sweets. This is because their bodies are deficient in chromium, phosphorus, sulfur, carbon, or tryptophan. If you crave sweets, your doctor should be able to tell you what your specific deficiency is.
– For chromium deficiency, get in the habit of eating broccoli, cottage cheese, dried beans, and chicken.
– For phosphorus deficiency, eat liver, beef, poultry, fish, nuts, legumes, eggs, and grains.
– If your body lacks sulfur, your diet should be rich in cranberries, and cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage and kale.
– For carbon deficiency, I suggest you consume fresh fruits.
– If your body is deficient in tryptophan, then you should eat raisins, spinach, sweet potato, lamb, and cheese.
If you crave bread like I do, your body might be deficient in nitrogen. You can eat healthy bread such as sprouted grain bread, or you can eat high protein foods such as fish, nuts, meat, and beans.
I may be the only person in America, who does not crave coffee. If you crave coffee, it means that your body is deficient in phosphorous. Healthier substitutes to your coffee addiction include chicken, beef, poultry, liver, fish, dairy, eggs, nuts, and legumes.
Fatty food cravings:
Some people crave oily snacks, and other fatty foods. If you are one of those persons with this issue, your body might be lacking calcium. You should eat more broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, and turnip greens.