Unlike foods that we eat, that are great to the taste in the mouth but are harmful to our teeth, these foods are the healthiest foods for your teeth. Make sure that you buy them, the next time you go grocery shopping, they may save you the pain of a toothache later, or even worse, gum disease.
Here is a list of the foods that you want to include in your shopping the next time you buy groceries:
• Green Tea – green tea has a lot of amazing health benefits, so it is not surprising that it loves your teeth. Green tea contains antioxidants that help reduce the probability of gum disease and cavities, and most green teas contain fluoride, which is one of the fore runners in preventing tooth decay.
• Celery – celery gives one an opportunity to chew more, and this produces a lot of saliva. Lots of saliva is good because it neutralizes the bacteria that cause decay. Celery also helps clean the teeth between the gums and it also massages the gums which promotes health and cleanliness.
• Onions – they are more effective when eaten raw. Onions contain powerful antibacterial sulfur compounds, and these compounds kill certain bacterias including the bacteria that promote tooth decay and erosion.
• Vegetables – vegetables that contain vitamin A like carrots and broccoli are absolutely vital in ones diet as they help in the formation of tooth enamel.
• Fruits – fruits that contain vitamin C like apples and kiwis are crucial for the health of the gum tissue. A deficiency in vitamin C can cause tender gums which will be more prone to gum diseases.
• Cheese – cheese has many benefits to your teeth, that one should really consider including it in their diet even if they hate the taste. Cheese has a high phosphate and calcium content. It helps rebuild your tooth enamel and it kills the bacteria that lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
• Milk and yogurt – unsweetened yogurt and milk have a low acidity and are low in sugar, which is great because it means less tooth decay. The calcium in milk also promotes healthy teeth.