There are indeed many foods that that burn belly fat, but don’t let that fool you into thinking that you can just eat these foods and somehow magically shed the el bee’s. For the most effective results you should consider eating the different foods that burn belly fat but obviously supplement that with proper exercise.
Fat burning foods work via physiological changes on the body. For instance, cinnamon helps regulate insulin and blood glucose levels which indirectly help you control body fat. Spicy foods containing capsaicin work through a process called thermogenics, where your body heats up by increasing your heart rate, and your body must burn calories to do both of these things.
Keep in mind that most foods that burn belly fat do so to a small degree. In other words, you can’t just eat tons of cinnamon and be ripped. Effects usually range anywhere from 3-10% increases in metabolism or calories burned throughout the day.
Other foods work by curbing your appetite. Foods high in fiber help keep you feeling full longer so you eat less. In addition, eating a healthy breakfast helps jump start your metabolism for the rest of the day as well as giving you much a much needed source of energy after a full nights rest.
This is probably not news to any of you, but the best way to lose weight is regular exercise combined with a sensible diet. So with that said here is a list or our favorite fat burning foods.
Foods That Burn Belly Fat
- Almonds and Almond Butter – Almonds are high in healthy fats, and fat helps keep you feeling full longer. They are also rich in niacin, which helps keep your digestive track working smoothly, and can help prevent bloating.
- Avocados – Avocados contain heart healthy monounsaturated fats and provide a terrific source of fiber, just a half cup a day will keep you feeling fuller and away from junk food.
- Green Tea – Rich in antioxidants that are proven to speed metabolism. You need a 3-5 cups a day for maximum effect. There are actually many reasons why tea is great at aiding in fat loss.
- Hot Peppers – Can be hard on your stomach if you eat too many. But if you like spicy foods or hot sauce then don’t be afraid to crank up the heat! The capsaicin will help speed up your metabolism.
- Cinnamon – Consider adding cinnamon to your coffee instead of sugar, it provides a great flavor and helps to regulate your insulin levels.
- Beans – Beans such as black beans, red beans and pinto beans pack a lot of protein and fiber. Both of which help you tone up and lose weight.
Now that you know some great foods that can help burn belly fat as well as shed some pounds, it’s time to focus on the other side of the equation. More specifically, what kind of exercises you should be doing to help you lose weight?
Before answering that question, it is important to note that just about any type of exercise done regularly and consistently will help you lose some weight and get in better shape. What we want to focus on here though is the kind of exercises that will help you lose weight the fastest and most efficient way.