You can be ambitious and healthy at the same time thanks to healthy slow cooker recipes. They help you juggle between home and workplace without giving you guilt pangs of not cooking healthy food for yourself and your family.
Read on to find out about two simple, yummy and healthy slow cooker recipes, that are purely vegetarian.
Whole Cauliflower Baked
If you’re on a weight loss program, cauliflower is a great vegetable for you. It’s low in fat and carbs, besides safeguarding you from cancer.
INGREDIENTS: 1 big size cauliflower head, 2 tablespoonful Parmesan cheese, half a cup of seasoned bread crumbs, 1/8 teaspoonful garlic powder and salt, ¼ cup melted margarine, and a pinch of dried oregano and red pepper flakes.
• Place the cauliflower head in a steamer basket.
• Put this basket in a big pot.
• Add an inch of water and cover it with a lid. Let it boil at moderate heat.
• Cook the cauliflower for 20 – 25 minutes until it softens.
• Take a bowl and mix parmesan cheese, melted margarine, and bread crumbs in it. Add garlic powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt for flavor.
• Remove the cauliflower from the basket and put it in a baking dish. Coat the breadcrumb mixture over it.
• Let it bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 – 15 minutes until it gets golden brown.
• Serve piping hot.
Vegetable Casserole with Cheese
This is one of the tastiest slow cooker crockpot recipes containing a variety of vegetables making it nutritious and savory.
INGREDIENTS: A cup of cooked brown rice, a cup each of frozen and thawed cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, and sweet corn, half teaspoonful each of garlic pepper, cinnamon, and salt, a bag (16oz) of sharp cheddar cheese shredded, a can (10.75oz) containing cream of mushroom soup, and a container (4oz) of sour cream.
• Put cooked rice, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and mushroom soup in a slow cooker and stir well.
• Add the vegetables – beans, broccoli, cauliflower, and corn and mix well.
• Add garlic pepper, cinnamon, and salt for flavor.
• Cover the cooker and cook on low heat for a couple of hours.
• Serve hot.
There is yet another recipe for broccoli potato soup. However, if you are skeptical about eating potatoes due to weight issues, you can replace them with cauliflower.