If you are not so interested in having fruit baked into the muffins you eat for breakfast each morning, than you should try making your own heart healthy muffin recipe as an alternative to that. You may not like having fruit in your muffins for personal reasons, or maybe you would just like to try something new or different. At the same time, though, you may be worried that making muffins without fruit will somehow cause the muffins to be less tasty or nutritious. The truth of the matter is that you have nothing to worry about! This article will share one of many heart healthy muffin recipes you can add to your recipe box.
The Fruit-Free, Heart Healthy Muffin Recipe:
You Will Need –
- ¾ cup of Flax Seeds
- ¾ cup of Oat Bran
- ¾ cup of Unbleached Flour
- ¾ cup of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ¾ cup of Soymilk
- One cup (1 c) of Brown Sugar
- One and a half cups of Shredded Carrots
- One teaspoon (1 tsp) of Vanilla Extract
- Two teaspoons (2 tsp) of Cinnamon
- Two teaspoons (2 tsp) of Baking Soda
- One teaspoon (1 tsp) of Baking Powder
- Two Eggs
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
Once all of the listed ingredients have been gathered, please follow these steps to ensure the finest heart healthy muffins:
- Take a large bowl to mix in the brown sugar, oat bran, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, unbleached flour, whole wheat pastry flour and flax seeds.
- After these ingredients have been sifted together, add in the shredded carrots.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, vanilla extract and eggs. Avoid overbeating.
- Take the liquid mix and pour slowly into the dry ingredients. Slowly beat both mixtures until they form a smooth batter. Press out any lumps or air holes left over.
- Fill the muffin tray with your mix. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
Enjoy your heart healthy muffins!